05/02/2020 0 Comments
Benefits of Seal Coating Your Asphalt
Seal coating is the process of pouring a liquid coating mixture on asphalt pavement. If you are wondering whether or not you should get asphalt seal coating done for your driveway, this blog will help you decide. Kelsey Paving has been offering quality commercial and industrial paving services since 1986. Our services include commercial paving, asphalt paving and repair, parking lots and construction services.
Five Benefits of Seal Coating
Here are the top benefits of seal coating asphalt:
- It looks good - Driveways are used to park cars and for children to play during the summer months. If your driveway is left unattended, it will make your home look shabby and uninviting. Asphalt driveways are susceptible to fading and cracking. These cracks can even lead to accidents. Asphalt seal coating will help your driveway stay crack-free. The regal and durable black surface doesn’t get affected by the sun, salt and chemicals. It averts weeds from growing in your driveway. The bold dark colour of the seal coating gives your driveway a vibrant and alluring look.
- Keeps cracks at bay - When you purchase a new property, the pavement might have cracks. Don’t settle for a cracked pavement just because someone else did. If you don’t get the cracks repaired water will seep into them and cause the cracks to widen. Seal coating the driveway will smooth the entire surface of cracks and uneven patches. Seal coating provides a smooth and non-porous surface.
- Protects your asphalt driveway - UV rays and chemicals can harm your driveway and cause discolouration. Chemical spills tend to worsen the condition of your driveway. With a thick layer of seal coat, you will be able to minimize the effects of chemicals and sun on your asphalt. The risks that water and snow pose are considerably reduced. Things such as gas, fuel and ice can ruin your driveway. Prevention is better than curing, and it can save you a lot of extra money when it comes to damage control.
- It’s durable - Seal coating attracts heat from the sunlight and doesn’t crack the asphalt beneath; instead, it helps mould it to shape. The weight of multiple cars will not harm the asphalt in any way as the seal coating will be there to protect it.
- Can help save money - The amount to be spent on seal coating depends on the size of your driveway. If you hire professionals, they will be aware of suitable products to use. Professionals will also know more about the impact that the temperature and the climate of the area will have on the seal coating.
If moisture seeps into your asphalt, you might not notice any immediate deterioration, but eventually, your asphalt will start getting hampered. You can hire a professional paving company for asphalt seal coating and save money by avoiding repairs and replacement.
Contact us at Kelsey Paving for all your paving, seal coating and repairing needs.